The safety of all participants of Passion Camp has always been and will continue to be the top priority for our team. In the evolving landscape of COVID-19, we are continually assessing the appropriate measures which need to be taken to provide a safe and fun Passion Camp experience for students, leaders, Door Holders, and the Passion Team.
In order to keep parents and leaders informed, we will be assessing the current situation and providing updates at 90-day, 60-day, 30-day, 15 day and 7-day increments leading up to Passion Camp. Updates will be posted below and will be emailed to the identified point of contact for all registered groups.
Please note that the current local government guidelines will be used to evaluate and adjust the following measures.
- Information on all COVID-19 protocols will be sent to group leaders, Door Holders, and Passion Team members prior to arriving at Passion Camp.
- Masks will be required during all times while in the Ocean Center unless actively eating lunch or dinner. All attendees will receive a Squad mask and personal hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- COVID-19 screening and temperature checks will be required for everyone before entering the Ocean Center. Anyone with the temperature above 100.4 degrees will not be permitted to enter.
- All Passion Camp participants will be expected to use enhanced hygiene practices such as hand-washing and use of hand sanitizer. All attendees will receive a Squad mask and personal hand sanitizer upon arrival.
- Attendees are asked to maintain social distancing of 6’ feet from participants from other groups.
- All Door Holders and Passion Team members will be trained on necessary health and safety protocols as well as our plan for handling symptoms or exposure during Passion Camp.
- All Door Holders and Passion Team will be required to have COVID-19 screening and temperature checks each day and will wear masks.
- During Passion Camp, groups that travel together should remain together and should remain socially-distant from students/leaders from other groups.
- Should symptoms develop during Passion Camp, the individual and the group they are a part of will be required to isolate for the remainder of Passion Camp. Attendance for Main Sessions will not be possible. If meals were part of the registration, the Passion Team will make arrangements for the group to receive all included meals.
- The capacity of the Arena for Main Sessions will be reduced to allow for recommended social distancing between groups. Please note that we will not require students and leaders who travel to Passion Camp together to socially distance from each other.
- Sanitizing procedures will be performed between sessions.
- Seating for all sessions will be pre-assigned by groups. Lining up to enter will not be necessary or allowed. Larger groups will be broken up into smaller seating pods located in close proximity to each other.
- The capacity of the Exhibit Hall for meals will be reduced to allow for recommended social distancing.
- The meal schedule and seating for all meals will be pre-assigned by groups.
- Lining up to enter will not be necessary or allowed. Larger groups will be broken up into smaller seating pods located in close proximity to each other.
- Meals will be served through a boxed meal or staffed buffet service in accordance with CDC guidelines.
- The Ocean Center will provide sanitizing stations throughout the building for students, leaders and staff to access for the duration of Passion Camp.
CANCELLATION / REFUNDS DUE TO COVID-19
We do not expect that Passion Camp will be cancelled this summer. However, if there is a change in the status of local government guidelines and large gatherings are not allowed, your group will receive a full refund.
If you are unable to attend Passion Camp due to the impact of COVID-19, we will work with you on a case-by-case basis in refunding your registration costs as much as possible.
Please note that if you choose not to attend Passion Camp due to a situation unrelated to COVID-19, the Passion Camp cancellation policy would apply.